Upgraded to 8, no longer have option to keep browser extension unlocked

schwim
schwim
Community Member

Hi there folks!

I need help. I opt to keep my browser extension unlocked but after upgrading to 8, I'm unable to. When I look in the browser app, it tells me to go to the security tab of the windows app. When I try to click the security tab of the app, it doesn't show any security options. To clarify,

If I click the General tab, general options are shown on the right.
If I click the Appearance tab, appearance options are shown on the right.
If I click the Security tab, appearance options remain on the right.

Basically, when I click the security tab, whatever was chosen before is what content remains shown on the right.

Can someone help me get the option for "remain unlock" selected?

Thanks for your time!

1Password Version: 80800203
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2
Browser:_ Firefox 103.0.1

Comments

• schwim
    schwim
    Community Member

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi @schwim:

That definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• schwim
    schwim
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Hello there @Jack.P_1P and thanks for the help!

"I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:"

Unfortunately, I'm unable to do this as the advanced tab is another tab that does not show any info in the right pane. Is there another way to perform the diagnostic or is there something else I can do? Would uninstalling the application and just using the browser extension get my ability to use preferences back?

• Hi @schwim:

I'm sorry for that mix up. We can definitely get some of the information we'd need in other ways. Please send an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and your username, and mention the trouble you're having, and we'll be able to take a closer look. After emailing in, post the Support ID here so we can connect the dots. It'll look like [#ABC-12345-678].

Jack

This discussion has been closed.