Passwords no longer hidden from Alfred clipboard history

Options
jtbandes
jtbandes
Community Member

Since upgrading to 1Password 8 and its newer Safari extension, I've noticed that passwords I copy from the Safari extension's popup using the "copy" button appear in my Alfred clipboard history. I am used to items from 1Password always being hidden from the clipboard history for security reasons. However, the copy button from the new extension does not get this same protection. Is there any way to get these clipboard items to be hidden as well?

I am running 1Password 8.8.0, 1Password for Safari 2.3.7, Alfred 5.0.1, and macOS Ventura 13.0 Beta (22A5311f). (Although I believe I noticed this problem before installing the Ventura beta, when I was still on Monterey.)

I posted this same question on the Alfred forums and it sounds like it’s a matter of 1Password marking the clipboard items as concealed: https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/18793-text-copied-from-1password-safari-extension-appear-in-clipboard-history/#comment-97867

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@jtbandes

If you open Alfred > Preferences > Clipboard History -- Advanced tab, do you have 1Password in the list for Ignore apps?

This should work for the app. I'll check with the developers about 1Password for Safari. Thanks for bringing it up.

• jtbandes
    jtbandes
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it is in the list for ignore apps. However, I usually use it via the Safari extension. Both should be hidden – look forward to hearing what you learn from the development team!

• jtbandes
    jtbandes
    Community Member
    Options

For the record, I also tried adding the extension itself ("/Applications/1Password for Safari.app") to the ignore apps list, and that doesn't seem to help.

• jtbandes
    jtbandes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy, any update from the developers on this? Thanks!

• Sorry, no. The team is still looking into if this is a possibility.

This discussion has been closed.