Any definitive guidance for reverting to the production build?

Before posting, I've read all the threads about this and obviously there have been some issues in reverting to the production build. I'm using the most recent macOS beta and have changed my build preference to "Production" but after reading these threads, have some concerns about it reverting upon the next production release.

Is there any definitive guidance for uninstalling the beta and reinstalling the production version on macOS? Or should I just wait and see if it reverts automatically? Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.0 build 80900001
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• @LarryMcJ

if you are set to production you should switch to the production build on the next release, whenever that is. Do you wish to manually change? I can give you the steps.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Thanks, Tommy. On this particular Mac I’m OK waiting. I just didn’t want to have it not revert when the next production release came out. I guess those other threads I read were anomalies.

I wish I could trade this macOS seat for one in the iOS beta 🙂. Oh, well…it will probably release at least by iOS 16, so not that much longer. Thanks again!

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

@ag_tommy – Well, that didn't work out like it was supposed to. I had checked several times to make sure I had "Production" selected in Preferences and after today's update, I'm still on the beta, with the beta dock icon 🙁. Screenshots are attached.

• Hi @LarryMcJ:

To confirm, while we released a beta update today, we haven't released a production release just yet. You'll continue to receive betas to keep you up to date, and then when the next production release is available, you'll switch to that release. Let me know if that makes sense.

Jack

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

It does. I (mistakenly) thought because there was a new update today, that it was a production release. Thanks!

• Hi @LarryMcJ! I'm glad to hear that the information helped. If you have any further questions or issues, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Before I go to the trouble of manually switching back, is there a chance the next production release will be in the next 30-60 days? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.