2FA emails not coming to my email

cr3474
cr3474
Community Member

I just signed up for 1Password a few days ago and imported from LastPass all our shared passwords. So far I like the system but what is making me crazy is constant 2FA. I'm ok with the security, but the big issue is that I'm not getting the 2FA to my email address and it won't give me the option to use a text or my security key. Yes I have validated that email. No matter how many times I select "resend", that email never comes in.

However, if I select "having trouble signing in" on the sign in page, it sends a 2FA email. I get this email immediately! Every time. But that process takes you to a different page that says "Ask your family organizer to help you recover your account." I am the family organizer.

I can't find any way to bypass the 2FA email issue, and login using my security key that I received at signup. Which I have.

I emailed support over 48 hours ago, still no response. VERY frustrated. I'm considering just staying with LastPass if I don't get 1Password support to respond soon.

1Password Version: 2.3.7 (whatever the newest is)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:2FA

Comments

• cr3474
    cr3474
    Community Member

Still haven't received a response from 1Password support.

• Hi @cr3474:

I see that you've reached out to us directly via email about this as well. Since this would likely require taking a closer look at your specific account, continuing the conversation there would be best. Keep an eye out for our response.

Jack

ref: MSZ-95895-644

• cr3474
    cr3474
    Community Member

Thanks Jack. A bit frustrating it took over 72 hours to get a response. The response I got was not very helpful and in fact said you don't have any 2FA via email or text and I should use an authenticator app. Not sure how an authenticator app would have helped while I was locked out of the account for nearly 3 days.

I assure you 100% that when I attempted to login to my 1Password account on Friday/this weekend, after putting in my login credentials, it said to enter the 6 digit code sent to your 1Password account email. Maybe you don't call that prompt 2FA, but either way, it did ask me for a code on multiple attempts to login. I never received those emails and was not able to access the account.

I was able to login this morning when I got back to my main computer. And I do have an authenticator app on my phone, which I had setup but the prompts I was getting when trying to login on my laptop we're indeed a 6 digit EMAILED code, not from the authenticator app.

That being said, not a great start to using your service and then add the over 72 hours for a response from support team. Not sure I'll be moving forward with the families account, and the business/teams accounts.

• Hi @cr3474:

I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience here. What may help in the future is choosing another family member as a family organizer. Family organizers are able to recover accounts for the other members, but they aren't able to recover themselves. Picking another family organizer will ensure that the single family organizer is not locked out and unable to recover their own account.

As for the specifics of your current situation, we're unable to discuss account detail here in public, so we'll be with you soon via email.

Jack

• cr3474
    cr3474
    Community Member

Thanks Jack! I did do this once I got access to the account, so we're good now.

This discussion has been closed.