Announcing 1Password 8 for mobile 📱
This wouldn’t be possible without the contributions of this community. Thank you, from all of us at 1Password, to everyone who tested, submitted feedback, or contributed in any other way. We couldn’t have done it without you, and I hope you’re as proud of 1Password 8 as we are.
The result of your generous feedback is a brand new experience that feels like an extension of your brain (if your brain had a cozy corner where you stashed everything important and had perfect recall).
1Password 8 is:
- Built for speed. The fresh, modern design helps you navigate faster, unlock in an instant, autofill effortlessly, and make 1Password truly yours with a customizable home screen.
- Built for peace of mind. The Watchtower dashboard now fits in your pocket, bringing along its actionable alerts and shareable security score.
- Built for you. Customization is the name of the game in 1Password 8. Choose what you want to see when you open 1Password – and even pin individual fields like your Wi-Fi password or door code right to the home screen.
While this update isn’t quite as simple as tapping the update button on your phone or tablet, we hope you’ll agree it’s worth the small effort, too.
How to migrate from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8
1Password 8 is a brand new app, rebuilt from the ground up. 1Password 7 will not automatically update to 1Password 8. To experience 1Password 8, download it directly from the App Store or Google Play Store.
You can install 1Password 8 alongside 1Password 7. Here’s what to expect when you do:
- If you have an active 1Password subscription, simply sign in to your account(s) and you’re good to go. PS – Upgrading won’t cost you a thing.
- If you use 1Password without a subscription, follow the process to migrate your data to 1Password 8. If you have 1Password 7 installed on the same device, you’ll see an option to “Migrate Existing Data” when you open 1Password 8 for the first time. For additional help migrating, email our support team at
Once you’ve verified that all your data is in your 1Password account, it’s safe to delete 1Password 7. If you have any questions, or just want a little guidance through the process, our support team is standing by to lend a hand. Please feel free to start a thread in either our iOS or Android forum categories.
Thank you to everyone who shared their feedback and helped us get here. Welcome to 1Password 8.