Audit for Orphaned Vaults

As the owner of a business account I would like to figure out a way to detect and audit for shared vaults which do not have any members, as well as vaults which have no manager to look after them.

This generally happens when people leave the business and the shared vaults they created remain but the "owner" of the vault has their account disabled via the SCIM tool.

Any current ways of doing this or does it sound more like a feature request?

Thanks

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hello @ChrisFloyd,

Good question about finding orphaned vaults in 1Password. While 1Password doesn't currently have any account wide reporting to find such vaults, a vault usage report would help to confirm if any particular vault seems to have been orphaned in the way you mentioned. When combined with an account owners ability to see a list of all vaults, ordered by last update, that may let you identify such vaults without too much trouble.

Let me know if that seems like a feasible workaround, or what kind of information you'd like to see in a report for orphaned vaults.

• ChrisFloyd
    ChrisFloyd
    Community Member

I think its a workaround that works but still would be very valuable to see a report,
    I think what would be most useful is to list all the vaults and a count of users and a count of managers, then I could order this by the number of users or managers and check out the ones which have zero in either field.

• Thanks for the added information Chris! I've shared your feedback with the team for their consideration. I can't comment if or when such a feature may be implemented, but the team regularly reviews feedback from customers like yourself when planning the future of 1Password.

Let me know if you have any other details I should share with the team.

ref: IDEA-I-1533

This discussion has been closed.