Help Button Visibility/Recongnisablity

Options

What is the graphics/button besides the New Item? I know it is for Help as you hover over it it tell you but it is not at all recognisable in the dark mode.

Please review.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Abhijit

It's a lady bug.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

@MrC Oh.. with the red dot it is getting highlighted but otherwise it is very much unrecognisable to users. And how does lady bug is related to help as we are using it for help icon? Bug is more for reporting bugs in the software, isn't it?

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2022
    Options

I think the 1Password folks have been using the little bug for a while. It’s even part of some of the beta forum icons (I’m not sure why it isn’t on all of them).

The red dot overlay in the icon above indicates unread alerts or news to read. It disappears upon clicking.

Perhaps the icon was originally for bug feedback, but was expanded later as a general Help icon.

@Abhijit

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC Thanks!

We need to understand the philosophy and the UX behind it. I still feel that bug and help are two counter intuitive things.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Hi @Abhijit:

Thanks for your feedback on this. The beta and nightly releases use the ladybug icon, and the production release uses the help icon seen here:

Jack

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Thank you so much for the clarification @Jack.P_1P.

Another suggestion. The button should be just " New" or at the most "+ New".

"+" and "New" indicates the same thing. "Item" is redundant here. Item means new login/PW?

Please review.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

This discussion has been closed.