Not Filling Passwords using Keyboard

Options
2»

Comments

• petertoth
    petertoth
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy, thank you very much for checking this. I will be looking forward to the update.
    Best wishes,

Peter

• On behalf of Timothy, you're welcome @petertoth!

• petertoth
    petertoth
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I noticed, 1password wasnt able to autofill password on this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonarworks.soundid.mobile
    Best wishes, Peter

• Thanks @petertoth, I'm seeing the same. It looks like the issue may be on their end but I've gone ahead and reported this app to the team here.

Thanks again!

• petertoth
    petertoth
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @ag_timothy, thanks. When I come around another case like that, I will post it here, if it is ok. Or should I report it in a different way?

• Hi @petertoth, you are very welcome! If you encounter any other filling issues feel free to post here or contact us via email at: https://support.1password.com/contact/

Thanks again!

• Jazzchris
    Jazzchris
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Well, I think the most simple and usual problem is this:
    1. The Microsoft Keyboard in your mobile disfunctions.
    2. You search for Microsoft Keyboard app renewal but then you prefer to install Microsoft Keyboard Beta.
    3. You install Beta, the mobile works perfectly - so, you wipe out the original Microsoft Keyboard.
    4. When, after some time, you restart the mobile, you can enter the access code
    BUT NOT the ENTER PASSWORD to unlock the screen.
    5. The result is some technicality makes you have no mobile finally.
    IF ANYONE KNOWS how to unlock the screen, please write to me

• Hi @Jazzchris, thanks for writing in.

If you're having trouble unlocking your phone, it may be best to contact the device manufacturer or your service provider.

If there's been an issue unlocking the 1Password app, please share any additional details and we would be happy to help. Thanks again!

• Jazzchris
    Jazzchris
    Community Member
    Options

Ι asked for simple instructions to unlock the home screen of Alcatel U5
    without losing my data. I do not even know what 1password app is!

• Hi @Jazzchris, thanks for following up with me.

You've posted this message on the 1Password Community Forum in the 1Password for Android section. While we're open to general topics around security, passwordless and more, conversations here primarily pertain to 1Password.

As you mentioned there's an issue unlocking your device, I would suggest contacting the device manufacturer or your service provider. They are likely best suited to help with next steps.

If you're curious, 1Password is a security and password management service. You can find an overview and how to get started in these guides:

• Andy0691
    Andy0691
    Community Member
    Options

Hello 1Password team :)
    I'm new to 1Password but have spent hours trying to get autofill to work on my Android without success :(
    I've been through 'Getting Started' and other tutorials and searched community posts to no avail.
    1Password works fine on my Windows PC with Chrome.
    However it's a different story on my Samsung S8 running Android V9
    Samsung keyboard (also tried Microsoft Swift Keyboard)
    Chrome browser V112.0.5615.135 (latest version)
    1PW App V8.10.4
    I've installed the Android App and linked it to my account. I can see all my saved items.
    In 1P settings, I've got "Autofill" and "Show filling suggestions" ON, "Show filling suggestions from".. myaccount selected and "Display Autofill prompts Below the fields they relate to" selected.
    But if I navigate to one of my saved pages and select the Username or Password fields I do not see the 1P dropdown box or anything on the top of the keyboard to allow me to select saved credentials.
    Any help or suggestions appreciated.
    Regards

• Vindex
    Vindex
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here - 1password not triggered in Chrome on some sites.
    One is Steam for example - when I select password field, it gets triggered. Username not triggered.

Note that Google password manager gets triggered (shows key icon on top of keyboard).

This is really not usable.

Galaxy S21 Ultra with one ui 5.1, SwiftKey keyboard 9.10.10.6, 1password 8.10.5-10-BETA

• Hi @Andy0691, thanks for writing in.

You mentioned you're using an Android 9 device and Chrome. We've heard some reports of inconsistent filling behavior in some Chromium browsers on Android 9 devices. From our investigation this is due to the fact that Chrome and some other browsers don't seem to be starting the Autofill service once stopped, and Android 9 is aggressively shutting down 1Password.

Disabling battery and data saving features for 1Password can help. Alternatively you should see more consistent behavior in browsers like DuckDuckGo or Firefox.

Hi @Vindex, it sounds like you might be seeing some site specific issues.

I encounter the same filling behavior on the Steam site in Chrome. I've gone ahead and shared that with the team so we can look into solutions from our end. Have you noticed any other sites with similar issues?

Thanks again!

• Vindex
    Vindex
    Community Member
    Options

Some other examples
    https://inside.benefit-plus.eu - username is not recognized, only password gets filled
    https://store.steampowered.com/login/ - this one is not even recognized even though url is set to this for login entry

• Andy0691
    Andy0691
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_timothy, thank you for your response.
    I have turned off all battery saving features. And I have set 1Password to "Allow background data usage" and "Allow app while Data saver on". In any case, I have set Data Saver off globally.
    However, these steps have not helped.
    You said, "From our investigation this is due to the fact that Chrome and some other browsers don't seem to be starting the Autofill service once stopped, and Android 9 is aggressively shutting down 1Password"
    Does this effectively mean that 1Password will not run satisfactorily on Android 9 devices?
    And it's not possible to force the Chrome Autofill service to run?

I am currently on the 2 weeks free trial, so I will have to cancel my subscription if the software will not run on my mobile device - that is disappointing as I am very happy with the 1Password Windows-11 Chrome extension.
    If 1Password will not run on Android 9 devices, this should be clearly flagged in the software description so that we don't waste a great deal of time (and potentially money) finding out for ourselves.
    Do you expect this issue to be fixed in the near future?

Regards

• Hi @Andy0691, thanks for following up with me.

I'm sorry to hear those changes did not help. As mentioned this issue seems to be caused by a combination of the Android 9 system with some Chromium browsers. We have filed an issue with the Chromium team to address this while we investigate any potential changes with 1Password that may help. I do not have any specifics to share as to when that might be addressed. Filling in apps should work as expected and using browsers such as Firefox or DuckDuckGo should allow you to fill in websites.

That being said, I certainly understand the importance of using a preferred browser. My apologies for any inconvinience here. Another option to try is to check if your device has a "Keep Open" setting. You can try these steps:
    1. Open 1Password.
    2. Open your device's Recents menu (square button or |||).
    3. Tap the 1Password icon above the 1Password window.
    4. If available, tap "Keep open"

If there's anything we can help with, just let us know.

@Vindex, thanks for sharing those.

On the Steam and Benefit Plus site I can fill a password from the password field but I do not get a response in the username field. I've gone ahead and shared this with the team here.

https://store.steampowered.com/login/ - this one is not even recognized even though url is set to this for login entry

Just to confirm, if you tap the password field do you see an "Open 1Password" prompt or no prompt at all?

Thanks again!

• Vindex
    Vindex
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Only password field triggers 1password on keyboard. See https://imgur.com/a/FHIXQQj.

• Thanks for following up @vindex.

As mentioned, I'm seeing the same behavior and have shared that with the team here. Currently, you can enter your username manually, copy and paste from 1Password or use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials. My apologies for any inconvinience.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

• Vindex
    Vindex
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, wow, @ag_timothy, that's a neat trick with split screen, very elegant. Thanks!

• You're very welcome! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

• Vindex
    Vindex
    Community Member
    Options

I'm adding humblebundle.com to the list of sites not working with 1password, this time at all.

• binaryoverload
    binaryoverload
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi there,

I can confirm I'm also having this issue in Chrome.

The keyboard prompt comes up (Sometimes with the password item in the keyboard bar) and clicking it closes the keyboard and does nothing (See video: https://streamable.com/wk7o9w)

Versions:
    Android: 14 Beta (Build UPB2.230407.014) running on a Pixel 6 Pro
    1Password: 1Password for Android 8.10.7 (81007011) - BETA channel
    GBoard: 12.9.20.521739039-release-arm64-v8a
    Chrome: Chrome 113.0.5672.24

I tried looking for the permission suggested prior but I cannot see anything like that.

• Hi @Vindex, @binaryoverload, thanks for writing in!

@Vindex, I did some testing with Humble Bundle in Chrome and found that I could fill as expected. Since writing in are you still seeing issues with Humble Bundle?

@binaryoverload, we've recently become aware of an issue with Android 14 beta 2 that is preventing password managers from filling in browsers. A report has been filed on Issue Tracker which specifies another password manager but the team here has confirmed the same issue is affecting 1Password.

If you install a non-Chromium browser such as Firefox do you see the same filling issues there?

• binaryoverload
    binaryoverload
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy I've just downloaded Firefox and tested it.

The auto-fill works as expected so it does seem to be an issue with Chromium. I'll keep an eye on that issue tracker - thanks!

• Thanks for confirming that @binaryoverload!

From what I've currently seen, this bug seems to be isolated to Chrome, not Chromium browsers on the whole. Apologies for the error there. So if you prefer another non-Chrome browser over Firefox that should be a viable solution for the time being as well.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.