File Size Limits? 250mb?

Options

Howdy! We're using 1Password for Business and we're trying to upload some slightly large documents to 1Password. However, whenever we try to upload a file, we get hit with a message that says: Choose a file under 250mb..
This happens in both the 1PW app and via the browser.

However, the link here https://support.1password.com/files/ seems to indicate that we should be able to upload up to 2gb in size.

I've looked through here but most info on file size that I found seems to be quite old. Anybody got any ideas what's going on here?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Brave, Edge, Chrome

Comments

• Hello @doone128,

I'm Scott on the 1Password support team. It's nice to meet you. :wave:

I'm sorry to see that you are having trouble uploading a document in 1Password, but it's my pleasure to help you today.

Can you let me know how you are uploading the file? It looks like you may be using a web browser, which may have issues uploading larger files. Do you have 1Password installed on your device, and can you try uploading the document in the app?

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

• doone128
    doone128
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Scott,

Howdy! 👋🏻

I’ve tried to upload in both the app and the browser. It fails in both. The web browser gives the error message about the 250mb limit. The app just spins and spins but never completes nor errors. I left it for 3 hours and it never completed. This is the Windows 10 v8 app btw. Versions mentioned in the original post.

• Hi @doone128,

When uploading through a web browser, the file size limit of 250MB is expected. Larger files are prone to upload errors in web browsers, and such uploads are better attempted through the 1Password app.

Within the 1Password app, it will upload larger files, but requires an uninterrupted connection to upload the file in a single attempt. If there is an interruption, it will try to start over and upload again next time it syncs with our servers. You can force a sync by locking and unlocking the app, though it will generally detect the network coming back online on its own and proceed without any input from you. If you are seeing delays, consider using a wired internet connection, or changing to a high speed network. WiFi networks and mobile connections may be problematic.

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes.

• doone128
    doone128
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Scott. I'll try it again, probably next week now.
    It's weird that the app didn't give any indication of progress or failure though. It just looked like it was uploading fine but I guess it shouldn't take over 3 hours to upload a 500mb file through business fibre.
    I'll try again and let you know. Thanks for your time. 👍🏻

• Please let us know how it goes @doone128

This discussion has been closed.