1Password Chrome Extension puts password into custom field

Hello, just switched to 1Password from Lastpass and I am running into an issue. I noticed that when I save a website to 1Password using the Chrome extension it saves the password into a custom field instead of the password field. For instance on fidelity.com:

The password is saved under this field called "saved on www.fidelity.com". The password fills fine when I go to the Fidelity website to log in. However, when I want to use the Fidelity Windows app in conjunction with the 1Password Windows App I run into issues. When I try to copy the 1Password Windows app there isn't any option to do so.

However, when I edit the 1Password entry to the following there is now an option to copy the password:

My question is how do I get the 1Password Chrome extension to save the password in the proper password field instead of a custom field? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @JJ1Pass !

Could it be that this only happened on fidelity.com? Did you try other websites?

I'm using the chrome extension since a long time and never had this issue. Only thing that could happen is, that 1Password extension is not detecting the password field as a password field on a specific website.

• Hi @JJ1Pass:

I wasn't able to replicate this using a test Fidelity login. If you enter your username and password in Fidelity's website, then choose Save in 1Password and save it as a new Login, does that Login item behave as expected?

Let me know!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.