Strange behaviour with Firefox where 1Password 8.8.0 is alive as a separate application

FlyingBarney
FlyingBarney
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Running Firefox on macOS. 1Password is up, as a separate app, but with no open windows with it. And pretty much every time I switch over to Firefox, automatically 1Password becomes the app in focus instead of the browser. And I need to keep switching back to the browser, to be able to use it. Often, twice.

Quite annoying actually, and I wonder whether I am missing anything in the setup. The extension for Firefox is installed and working.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Monterey 12.5
Browser:_ Firefox 103.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:Strange behaviour with Firefox where 1Password 8.8.0 is alive as a separate application

Comments

• Hi @FlyingBarney:

If you deselect "Connect with 1Password in the browser" in 1Password for Mac (Settings > Browser), as well as deselect "Integrate with the 1Password desktop app" in 1Password in Firefox (right click the 1Password icon, Settings), quit them both (right click the 1Password icon in your menu bar to fully quit 1Password), then re-enable those settings after relaunching both, does that improve your state of play? Let me know.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.