Cannot Remove a Pinned Field

Options
djg_beta
djg_beta
Community Member

I recently upgraded to 1Password v8 from v7, and the pin feature is wonderful. I had added two pinned items to the homepage the other day, and then made some changes to the item today. Now the pin reads "Field not found", and for some reason when long-press on the pin there are no options to remove it, while my other pinned item has an entire drop-down list, including the ability to "Unpin from Home".

Any ideas how I could solve this? Or is this a use case that hasn't been taken into consideration yet? Thanks a lot!

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12 (One UI 4.1)
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot Remove a Pinned Field

Comments

• Hello @djg_beta thanks for letting us know about this issue. I've been able to reproduce it myself and have reported it as a bug.

In your case did you remove the field from your item? If so, the two workarounds I found to remove the "Field not found" pin were:
    1. Restore a previous version of the item on 1Password.com then unpin the field and repeat any edits to the item.
    2. Re-install 1Password 8 for Android. If you intend to uninstall 1Password for Android, please confirm you can sign in on 1Password.com or another app before doing so.

Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#16866

• djg_beta
    djg_beta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy I really appreciate your time to follow-up and check/report the pinned item bug.

Yes, I did remove the field from its original position (when I had pinned it to the home screen). I decided to reinstall 1Password 8 again, and it all worked out well. Good to know there is a workaround 'fix' for the time being.

Thanks again for your time! :)

• Hello @djg_beta thanks for following up with me! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

• Hi @djg_beta, I just wanted to let you know that the fix for this has been made, and it will arrive in a future release. I'm not 100% sure which release yet because it will likely go through a Beta cycle first, but rest assured, it's on the way.

Thanks again for your feedback and keep it coming 💜

• peterj71
    peterj71
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on observing this bug and note it's still present on the production release, will test the fix when it is released on Play store

• Thanks for following up with us @peterj71. Hopefully this will be available to everyone in the not-so-distant future!

This discussion has been closed.