Signing out 1Password7

RoWi69
RoWi69
Community Member

Hi,

Installed 1PW8 on my mobile and have it running next to 1PW7. Want to sign out in 1PW7 before deleting the app but that doesn’t work. Is that because of 1PW8?

And is 1PW8 not available on mac appstore lilke it is on IOS appstore?

Comments

• CaspianNova
    CaspianNova
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

I had this issue also yesterday, but I don't think it is related to installing 1Password 8 alongside 7. On iOS, after I've installed the version 8, I tried to log out from the version 7, didn't work, I just uninstalled version 7 completely. But in iPadOS, before installing the version 8, I first tried to log out, but that also did not work. I've ended up just uninstalling the app completely and installing version 8, same as on iOS. 🤷‍♂️

And is 1PW8 not available on mac appstore lilke it is on IOS appstore?

As far as I understood, desktop versions of 1Password 8 are packaged in a different way and yes, for macOS, it is not yet available on the App Store.

• Hi @RoWi69:

As @CaspianNova mentioned (thanks for the assist!), this is something we're tracking with 1Password 7. It isn't necessary to sign out prior to deleting the app from your device.

As for the App Store on Mac, 1Password 8 for Mac is currently only available from our website at: https://1password.com/downloads/mac

Jack

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P is it advised to uninstall 7 first before installing 1Password 8, or does it matter?

• @pappjo – It doesn't strictly matter, but I would suggest to install 1Password 8, check that everything is as it should be, then delete 1Password 7, just so you have a bit of overlap. :)

This discussion has been closed.