Cannot Login to WindowsAPP - but WEB works fine

Options
Innex
Innex
Community Member

Hello,
after reset my password I have an issue to logon at the windows app. The message i get is:
This did not work. Check your password and try again

When I use the web app - password is ok and access is ok.
Working with the web application is not comfortable

What can I do as a user?
BR, Susan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows11
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• Hi @Innex,

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are experiencing with your account password and the Windows app. I'm glad to hear you are able to use this new password when signing to the web app.

Please sure that you have saved an updated copy of your Emergency Kit and record your new password on it, so that you always have access to your account. If you lose your Secret Key or account password, we cannot restore it for you or help you recover your account.

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Then you can follow this guide to reset the app: How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

Please let us know if you have any further troubles. We'll be happy to help!

• Innex
    Innex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_mike_d,

I have just try few minutes ago the following:
    Windows Start -Button
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    Rename 1passord.sqlite to ... -old.sqlite
    Start 1 Password new

Now it works ;-)
    Sorry for make you work too early ;-)
    BR, Innex

• Hello @Innex, thank you for letting us know that this resolved the issue for you. That's great news! 🥳

Of course, we're here if you have questions or encounter any further issues. Best regards from our team!

• MrRiver
    MrRiver
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem, the fix above did not work

• Hello @MrRiver,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also seeing issues signing in to the 1Password app. Can you please let us know if this sign in issue is also following a recent update to your account password and that using the same password on other devices and 1Password.com does work as expected? Thanks!

• jebr
    jebr
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

Same problem for me. 1Password for 7 application running fine on Win 10 [Version 10.0.19044.1826].
    Upgraded to 1Password 8 and it will not log in "We weren't able to sign in to your account. Maybe there is a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again".

1Password extentions for Chrome and Edge work and are able to login fine.

The machine is a corporate laptop so I do not have admin rights and and Internet access is via a proxy.

Please can you let me know how to go about troubleshooting this?

Thanks

• Hello @jebr,

Thanks for your message. Based on your description, this sounds like a possible issue with your proxy.

Can you follow the below steps and let us know if this helps:
    1. Launch 1Password 8 and click the vertical ellipsis () and select Settings or (Ctrl + Comma (,)).
    2. Go to the Advanced tab and scroll down to Proxy and uncheck Auto-detect network settings.
    3. Completely exit 1Password by right-clicking the 1Password icon in the system tray > Quit.
    4. Relaunch 1Password 8 and enter your account password.

If you continue to have issues afterwards, can you send a 1Password diagnostics report via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums.

If you could also include a link to this thread along with your forum handle so we know it's you when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

• jebr
    jebr
    Community Member
    Options

Great thanks - I have tried with auto-detect proxy enabled and disabled - neither works.

On my old 1P v7 install it was running with "auto detect network settings" enabled but at one point I must have entered the proxy details manually as they were visible in the UI but greyed out.

I have emailed the diagnostics info as suggested.

• Hi @jebr, thanks for letting us know that the auto-detect proxy setting didn't help.

We've received your email and will be in touch shortly!

ref: NMU-82458-894

This discussion has been closed.