PIN instead of Touch ID for 1Password 8

Options
Silver812
Silver812
Community Member

With the previous version of 1Password I could set a 4 digit PIN to use instead of the touch ID. I need this feature back in 1Password 8 for iOS since my touch ID is broken.

Comments

• dvmierlo
    dvmierlo
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. The PIN unlock feature is missing in this version. This provides an important additional level of security to my passwords. Consider this: When you unlock your device with your face, that same face can also unlock and give access to your sensitive data. Because you already have unlocked your device with your face, unlocking 1password with your face does not increase security. In fact, it is only an ease of use feature. Using the PIN code feature will require the person (which can be a different person than the owner) that has the unlocked device (unlocked by the face of the owner) to know the PIN in order to access the sensitive content. So please, add the PIN unlock feature back again to make 1Password 8 even more secure than it already is.

• dvmierlo
    dvmierlo
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. The PIN unlock feature is missing in this version. This provides an important additional level of security to my passwords. Consider this: When you unlock your device with your face, that same face can also unlock and give access to your sensitive data. Because you already have unlocked your device with your face, unlocking 1password with your face does not increase security. In fact, it is only an ease of use feature. Using the PIN code feature will require the person (which can be a different person than the owner) that has the unlocked device (unlocked by the face of the owner) to know the PIN in order to access the sensitive content. So please, add the PIN unlock feature back again to make 1Password 8 even more secure than it already is.

• virgofx
    virgofx
    Community Member
    Options

Downgraded back to 7 because of lack of pin. This is a requirement for those who are security conscious and prefer to avoid face/touch ID.

The new app was great aside from this. Please add pin code for security lock option.

• virgofx
    virgofx
    Community Member
    Options

Pretty disappointing response from 1PW as no action in forums with numerous threads and one of the most complained about issues with IOS app

This discussion has been closed.