1Password 8 does not let me copy values

Options
dmonder
dmonder
Community Member

1Password 8 does not let me copy values by holding down on it. How do we copy values?

Comments

• Hello @dmonder, thanks for your question! At this time you can tap the field then tap Copy to copy. We intend to add long press to copy or otherwise improve the copy workflow in the future. Thanks again!

• dmonder
    dmonder
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up figuring that out. Definitely not as convenient as the long press. Looking forward to the future update that includes this. Thanks.

• Daseka
    Daseka
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, the feature to hold a username or password or whatever field there is to automatically copy to clipboard isn't working. What I have to do is to tap the username for example and choose to copy from the context menu in order to get it to copy to clipboard. I'm using Android 12L with SwiftKey keyboard.

• Daseka
    Daseka
    Community Member
    Options

Also this issue I'm having is with 1password 8.9.1.

• Happy to help @dmonder. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hi @Daseka, thanks for your question. I've just merged it with this thread. As I mentioned above, we are discussing internally how best to implement the long press and copy behavior across platforms. For the time being, you cannot long press to copy a field in an item with 1Password 8 for Android but we expect this to change in the future. Thanks again!

• ArthurDent
    ArthurDent
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my voice to this one to request to have this feature back.

I believe this was a feature in previous versions, and I've developed a long-standing muscle memory around it which is proving super annoying, upgraded and have to add an additional step to my password flow.

Problematically, although I think that this is an operating system thing, when I hold my finger down over the field, it does give me that haptic feedback without anything else happening, which my brain interprets as you have successfully copied this thing. At the very least, if it's possible to change the nature of the field to such that it turns that haptic feedback off that might help. But really this feature just needs to be restored please! (I'm sure it's harder than it sounds)

• Hi @ArthurDent, thanks for joining the conversation and sharing your feedback. I would certainly agree with you on both points here. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I would take the haptic feedback as a sign that we'll be adding an action there in the future. Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#14649

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Please add long press to copy, it's yet another usability regression from 1Password 7

• Hi @dserodio, thanks for weighing in on this topic. I've shared your interest with the team.

• jmarzano
    jmarzano
    Community Member
    Options

On my android device, there is no copy option on the password field in 1 Pass 8. And since you've disabled long press to copy, I have to go to edit mode, highlight the password field and then manually copy. Really frustrating.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy, can you please try to prioritize this issue with the team? It looks like a pretty low effort, high (UX) impact issue.

Thanks!

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023
    Options

@jmarzano, as Timothy mentioned above, you can tap the password field, then tap Copy instead.

@dserodio, appreciate your input! I'll pass your feedback to our product team who leads the prioritization of features!

ref: PB-30733180

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

I saw the release notes for 8.10.0 (just released), and now it's possible to copy logins or passwords by simply tapping on it 🙌🏼

However, the "phantom haptic feedback" for long press is still there.

• Hi @dserodio, thanks for following up with us. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the 8.10.0 update!

There's some discussion ongoing about the long press action in item view, it may open additional field options in the future (Open, Reveal and so on). However, I agree the "phantom haptic feedback" should be removed until that or something else is added as it can be a bit misleading. I've shared your thoughts with the team.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.