I have updated to 1Password8 on my Mac - how do I update to 1Password8 on my iPhone.

Options
barryhocking
barryhocking
Community Member

I have attempted to updating my iPhone to 1Password 8.
Firstly I have clicked on "Download 1 Password 8"
Then I have clicked on "Download 1Password for iOS"
Then I receive the message "This app is available only on the App Store"
I do not want another copy of the App - I want to update the copy of the one that I already have.
Please provide a step by step procedure on how to update iOS to 1 Password 8

1Password Version: 1 Password 7
Extension Version: 7.9.7
OS Version: iOS
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I have updated to 1Password8 on my Mac - how do I update to 1Password8 on my iPhone.

Comments

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi

Here is what I did on my iPhone 12.

I deleted the 1p7 app

Searched 1p8 in app store and downloaded

Open the 1p8 app and click on scan setup code to sign in, from here you want to open the 1p8 app on your mac and go to to the setup another device option and that gives you a barcode to scan, scan this with your iPhone.

Thats all I did.

The old 1p7 app will not update to 1p8, you need to delete that and install the new version available in the app store.

• barryhocking
    barryhocking
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you telUK. I have found the solution online:-
    ****** Upgrade if you have a 1Password membership******
    If you already have a 1Password membership, or if you belong to a team or family account, download 1Password 8 from the App Store. If you're upgrading from 1Password 7, open the 1Password 8 app after you install it and tap Sign In. Choose your 1Password account, then enter your account password.
    After you sign in to 1Password 8, you can delete 1Password 7 from your iPhone or iPad.

• Hello @barryhocking! 👋

I'm sorry for the confusion and I'm happy to hear that you were able to download and install 1Password 8 for iOS. For anyone stumbling onto this thread in the future our update guide can be found here:

-Dave

• InfiniteBeat
    InfiniteBeat
    Community Member
    Options

You do not need to delete 1Password 7. You might retain both side by side and I recommend so as long as you start feel fully comfortable with the new one.
    In previous version you may use local vault as well synced by iCloud, Dropbox or whatever .

This discussion has been closed.