No 1password 8 on Apple Watch

Options
vincentmuller
vincentmuller
Community Member

I installed 1 Passwort 8 on my new iPhone but i don’t See the App on my Apple Watch.

Comments

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here! :-((

• LoRob145
    LoRob145
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

There isn't one. Only 1PW 7.

• DavidGA
    DavidGA
    Community Member
    Options

Is support for the Apple Watch officially ended? Or is this a bug?

• Deacon6
    Deacon6
    Community Member
    Options

I honestly that I may have missed how to get 1Password 8 on my Apple watch also:
    Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap My Watch.
    Scroll down and tap 1Password??
    Turn on “Show App on Apple Watch”.

• Steven78
    Steven78
    Community Member
    Options

They removed the Watch support from version 8 without telling anyone??? :-(

• RT1PassSupport
    RT1PassSupport
    Community Member
    Options

I wish I had known I would not have upgraded to 8 at this time as I have relied on the watch app.

• tginther
    tginther
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I agree. I absolutely rely on 1PW for Apple Watch. I upgraded to v8 last will not giving it a second thought. Today I went to access on my Watch and it’s gone. I searched the store and there’s nothing there. Why would you ever release for Mac and iOS without a Watch version ready to go? Can someone from the 1Password team explain what’s going on here and when we will get the Watch version? Why want this made clear during the v8 install? I would not have upgraded to what is now a lessor product.

• JPEwing
    JPEwing
    Community Member
    Options

Add me to the list of people who feel 1PW for Apple Watch is an essential part of my workflow. Once I found out that there was no Watch app, I immediately redownloaded 1PW 7 to restore the functionality lost. I am currently running versions 7 and 8 concurrently on my iPhone. I’m glad it works, but is not a good experience, especially when I’m paying a subscription. Please bring the watch app to 1PW 8!

Agree with the others that it should have been clear to potential upgraders that the watch app is not in this release.

• FredFD
    FredFD
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. What a disappointment... I have now also re-downloaded version 7 and am running both. Shouldn't an upgrade provide the same functionality as the previous version? If it isn't, isn't communicating this with paying customers critical? I hope it is an oversight of the 1Password Product team, or it is simply in their backlog for a future release...

• JemTheWire
    JemTheWire
    Community Member
    Options

I have both 1Password8 and 7 still installed on my iPhone/iPad so I can still use 1Password 7 on my AppleWatch.

• monymony
    monymony
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Some notification would have been nice. Never would have expected such a key feature of 1Password just disappear. It also appears 1password v7 is gone from the App Store. Anyone have any suggestions for reinstalling v7 for iOS as this is a must-have feature for any password management!

• InfiniteBeat
    InfiniteBeat
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Before iTunes upgrade a couple of years ago it was possible if you retained copies of crucial .ipa files in your iTunes library. Meaning just dragging and dropping and restore job was done. Unfortunately, now only restore to factory settings and then restore from backup could be put in place.
    Apple screws all of its customers and 3rd party Apps developers so the latter do the same to the former. That's reality.

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member
    Options

Also surprised by the lack of support. Staying on 7 for now.

• Chipili
    Chipili
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

+1

and I can no longer see 1P7 to redownload.

Very sad.

• der_dennis
    der_dennis
    Community Member
    Options

Bummer! Reinstalled 1P7 from my previous purchases (not available in the store otherwise) and reinstalled the watch app. I assume that 1P8 will reintroduce the watch app at some point in the future?

• barnabasmakkay
    barnabasmakkay
    Community Member
    Options

Damn, that’s a real shame. Please bring it back!

• Kikila61
    Kikila61
    Community Member
    Options

@Chipili You can find it in your Purchased list of the "App Store" App

• Orfila
    Orfila
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I can see my prior 1password7 purchase, but no way to download it. Radio silence from the folks at Agilebits as to when this will be remedied.

• Stevanski99
    Stevanski99
    Community Member
    Options

Wow, that's really disappointing that version 8 doesn't yet include an Apple Watch app. I used it all the time for one-time passcodes.

• bodean
    bodean
    Community Member
    Options

another disappointed customer who can't figure out why IP8 doesn't have an Apple Watch App.
    Seems IP8 was released prematurely given all the issues people reporting. Just a mess

• MackL
    MackL
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. It is an absolute NO GO not to make clear prior to installation of v8 that Apple Watch support is not working with v8. It is absolutely essential for my workflow to have 1Password on my Apple Watch. The 1Password subscription is not cheap and I won't renew it if the Apple Watch app won't come back in foreseeable future. So please bring it back.

• Stevanski99
    Stevanski99
    Community Member
    Options

There is something in 1Password 8 that helps: pinning fields to the top of the home screen. I've now pinned my most used the one-time fields up there, which makes it pretty easy to copy them. This isn't just pinning the entire item to the home screen, but just the one-time password field, meaning one tap on it and it's copied to the clipboard.

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-ios/#pin-item-fields-to-the-home-screen

• casperse
    casperse
    Community Member
    Options

This must be coming! Later…..
    I selected 1Password over other password managers because it was supported on my Apple Watch

• PSS2P
    PSS2P
    Community Member
    Options

Unexpected and very disappointing. At least they could give use the courtesy of notice when you remove an essential feature instead of an active, hyped up upgrade drive.

• Hi folks:

We’re actively working on an Apple Watch app and we’re very excited about it. We weren’t able to get it in the initial launch but it is coming soon. 🤗 Until then you can run 1Password 7 alongside v8 to use the Watch app in that version.

Jack

• Stevanski99
    Stevanski99
    Community Member
    Options

Woo hoo!

• Kikila61
    Kikila61
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

What a good news ! 😄🎉
    @Jack.P_1P You made my day… well, the digital one !

Jean-Christophe

• Haha, as long as a day is made it's good not matter where it is. 😉

• Deacon6
    Deacon6
    Community Member
    Options

RE: "We’re actively working on an Apple Watch app and we’re very excited about it. We weren’t able to get it in the initial launch but it is coming soon. 🤗 Until then you can run 1Password 7 alongside v8 to use the Watch app in that version."

THANK YOU!!

This discussion has been closed.