The login with your password every 2 weeks is more like every 2 days

Options
ThomVM
ThomVM
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

How do I eliminate this requirement or fix this problem?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Monterey 12.5
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I don't like the fixed requirement to use your password every 2 weeks.

Comments

• jsidoc
    jsidoc
    Community Member
    Options

Agree 100%. Pain in the arse. That’s why I have a password manager

• ossar
    ossar
    Community Member
    Options

I have a iPhone, 3 iPads, 2 androids, 2 Macs, 3 Windows.
    And all device requires master password every 2 weeks.
    I'm so irritated.

• Hi @ossar / @jsidoc / @ThomVM:

Thanks for your feedback. The short version is we weigh changes like this with our customers' best interest in minds. We made this change directly in response to a trend that we were seeing: there was a need to balance convenience with the reality that if we extend the limit too long, some customers will be unable to remember their passwords and they'll eventually be locked out out of their 1Password account. Specifically, there were a significant number of users writing to us reporting that they could no longer unlock 1Password with biometrics and had forgotten their account password. This happened for a variety of reasons, like restarting their device, updating their operating system, as well as others.

Once someone is locked out, there is nothing we can do to help them regain access to their account. Given this, we must make every effort to help users remember their passwords. With that said, we're having an internal discussion about alternative ways to meet the needs of our users, both in making sure they don't forget their account password, while also keeping it as unobtrusive as possible.

In the meantime, what I recommend is choosing a password that is strong, yet not too difficult to type on a mobile device, as well as using that same password for each 1Password account you have. Using the "memorable password" option from our password generator is a great start.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.