Does 1password 8 no longer allow for saving a password AFTER updating it?

darwindogs
darwindogs
Community Member

There used to be a setting 'Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them'

I don't love saving a new password until after the website has accepted the password.

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:password change

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @darwindogs !

No. If you are using 1Password 8 and the new 1Password in the browser extension, then you have to save the credentials before you see if the credentials are working or not. There are some feature requests already to restore this feature like it was / is in 1Passwords classic browser extension. Hopefully this feature will be implemented soon. 😉

• darwindogs
    darwindogs
    Community Member

Thanks

• Hello @darwindogs, and thanks for the assist, @DenalB !

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to let us know about this pain point. We are indeed tracking a feature request looking at ways of making improvements to 1Password in the browser when saving new credentials. I've cast a vote on behalf. The team is looking in to this, but we have no additional news to share at this time.

ref: IDEA-I-645

• tallyh013
    tallyh013
    Community Member

+1 for new feature request. I just switched from LastPass and this is a major pain point when saving passwords and a worse user experience than afforded by LastPass.

• Hello @tallyh013,

Welcome to the 1Password Community and thanks for sharing your feedback about this feature to automatically detect and save new usernames and passwords. I'm sorry for troubles the lack of this feature is causing you. I've passed this feedback along to the Product team for consideration.

If you have any other suggestions or questions about 1Password, please let us know.

ref: 29756851

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member

When I was recently comparing different options to migrate to from my previous password manager, lack of this common feature was something that I put in 1P's "cons" column. Hope this gets added back in near future.

• Hi @1Passworder1,

Thanks for letting us know that this missing feature is a con when considering 1Password. I've sent this feedback to the Product team letting them know this something you'd like to see make a return.

ref: 29756851

• error2k2
    error2k2
    Community Member

Hi @ag_mike_d ,

I am thinking of moving over from LastPass to 1Password but the lack of detection of a new login or an update of a password is such a major letdown.

I read that you voted for this feature, is there anything we can do to increase or voting interest in this feature? The fact this was opened all the way back of August last year and it still hasn't been addressed is quite discouraging.

• Hello @error2k2,

Thanks for your message. When entering a new login that is not currently saved in 1Password, 1Password in the browserwill detect this and prompt you to save a login. This thread is referring to updates to passwords, to which I've included a feature request for you.

Currently, we are processing requests based individual feedback from each customer. The Product team then collects this feedback and assigns it within the team for further review and consideration. I'm sorry that I don't have further news to share at this time.

If you have any additional feedback about this or other features, we'd be happy to pass this along to the team.

ref: 31270418

This discussion has been closed.