Is this really the end for 1Password iOS users?

Options
dash
dash
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Lounge

Hello, here for a bit of a rant on 1Password 8 (atleast for iOS).

I cannot wrap my head around how badly AgileBits has just screwed over 1Password 7 users for iOS by hiding it from the App Store, therefore forcing people to install a very buggy, and incomplete client that goes by the name of 1Password 8.

No one is happy about this, and it can be shown in the App Store reviews (please have a look at them), and also throughout the forum community people are constantly complaining about bugs and other issues.

Please, add/add back the following, there is absolutely no good reason for these to have been removed:

• Please consider adding back Local Vault Storage, the explanations given still do not provide a good reason on why it was removed, except that people have to put 100% trust into a single company.
  • When vault access changes, a notification is sent to your device, or just more notification options/settings overall.
  • Add the “Require Master Password” setting back, and to make sure that a “Never” option is available.
  • Add back the “PIN Code” setting.
  • When you tap on a field, instead of it automatically copying, it brings up a small menu that has the options Copy, Reveal, and Show in Large Type (or make a setting that allows for this to be toggled on or off)
  • Field/Section reorganization. This isn’t even a settings for 1Password 8 for desktop, and it isn’t even available for 1Password in the browser.
  • Add back an Apple Watch app.

This is just some of the things that people would love to see return to the service that they pay for. 1Password 8 is a mess, and I’m pretty sure that you guys are aware of it. People are not happy about this at all, and would downgrade if they could. Please, change all of this or at least hear out your customers.

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

screwed over 1Password 7 users for iOS by hiding it from the App Store,

It's not hidden, if you go under your purchase, it's there.

No one is happy about this, and it can be shown in the App Store reviews (please have a look at them), and also throughout the forum community people are constantly complaining about bugs and other issues.

Speak for yourself, I like 1Password 8. I am on iOS right now, and there are more 5 star than any other star. You can keep using 1Password 7, and it was just updated yesterday (Friday?). This is the internet, people will go to it to complain about something, but most people won't when they are happy about something,

Please consider adding back Local Vault Storage, the explanations given still do not provide a good reason on why it was removed, except that people have to put 100% trust into a single company.

Password 7 still works, you can use it.

Add the “Require Master Password” setting back, and to make sure that a “Never” option is available.

I read on Reddit, they are looking into this.

Add back the “PIN Code” setting.

This is a nice feature, my mom uses it.

When you tap on a field, instead of it automatically copying, it brings up a small menu that has the options Copy, Reveal, and Show in Large Type (or make a setting that allows for this to be toggled on or off)

Press and hold, that menu comes up. I love how they did in 1Password 8, very quick for copying passwords.

Add back an Apple Watch app.

in Reddit, they said they would bring this back.

It's clearly you should stay on 1Password 7

This is just some of the things that people would love to see return to the service that they pay for. 1Password 8 is a mess, and I’m pretty sure that you guys are aware of it. People are not happy about this at all, and would downgrade if they could. Please, change all of this or at least hear out your customers.

I am happy, others are too. Just because you're not, stop saying "People are not happy about this at all"

downgrade if they could

You can, go into your purchase and it's there.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using 1PW8 on iOS since it was first released on TestFlight, it's great, I only need to be able to select a PIN code to comeback and it will be perfect again for me.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@tomatoshadow2

I've been using 1PW8 on iOS since it was first released on TestFlight, it's great, I only need to be able to select a PIN code to comeback and it will be perfect again for me.

100% agree with you. I might wait on updating my mom because she loves using the PIN. I hope they add it later.

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    Options

@prime Definitely agree 120%, my favorite about mobile, would be the PIN coming back, as if I'm in public, I can just type in my pin and not have to worry about anyone seeing my Master Password.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@prime @tomatoshadow2

I've got you both down for the request to bring back the pin code option.

ref: IDEA-I-1222

@dash

I've got you down for the apple watch as well as the pin code unlock suggestions. Several of the other things like reordering fields and how tap to reveal works are in discussion amongst the team. Thanks for letting us know this matters in how you use 1Password. I'll share your feedback there.

ref: IDEA-I-1222 ref: IDEA-I-1540 ref: IDEA-I-372

This discussion has been closed.