FEATURE REQUEST: Be able to choose which categories are displayed in the left pane

Options
thirdwaver
thirdwaver
Community Member

I'd love to be able to choose which categories are shown on the left pane by default with perhaps a "show all..." as the final item which would temporarily reveal them all then either revert back to my chosen ones upon next launch or have a "show preferred..." as the final item when all are shown. For example, I don't need immediate access to Documents, Databases, Emails, Outdoor Licenses, Servers, and Software Licenses. Those categories take up a lot of vertical space in the left pane.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @thirdwaver,

Thanks for taking the time to share your idea, I can see how more customization of items in that menu could be helpful and will share your feedback with the team. 👍🏻

In the meantime, I'd like to point out that categories will only appear if the current account/collection being viewed has items in those categories, so it would be possible to make a collection of vaults that only contain items in categories you use frequently: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Another options would be to utilize tags to organize these items and hide categories altogether:

I recognize these these alternatives have the potential to do more harm than good depending on how you use 1Password, so rest assured your original idea will be added to our internal tracker!

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-1640

This discussion has been closed.