Is there any order I need to use when installing 1Password 8 on iOS, iPadOS, Win 10-11, and MacOs?

Options
rickapel
rickapel
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Windows

I wasn't sure which topic to place this in, so I picked Win just to get it in the queue somewhere.

I saw the different FAQ's on the installation of V8 of 1Password on the different platforms.

I noted that you went to the effort of designating "1Password 8" as the new ios app, and
it got me to thinking if there were any particular order or any gotchas involved when installing
on all the aforementioned platforms in the Title of this question since you went to great pains to
indicate that this was a major update.

Do I have to go through and update ALL at the same time or is V8 independently
installed and tested at at my leisure over a period of time?

If this has been answered please point me at a FAQ or question that I may have missed.
Thanks in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    Options

This answer was answered by one of the 1password team members on my Reddit post and in fact since I’m up to date on V7 maint I can update all my platforms in any order without worrying about synchronization issues since I have a 1password account.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @rickapel !

since I have a 1password account

That's the game changer here. If you have such a membership you are free to install v7 or v8. There are some feature that are present in v7 only. So if you miss a thing that you could do in v7 just use v7 in that case. Because all your data should be stored in the 1Password account it is present on both versions if you are logged in. 👍

• Hi @rickapel,

Sorry for the late reply, glad to hear you found your answer! Thanks for your comment here @DenalB😀

Having a 1Password account makes this process so much easier, but if you run in to any troubles along the way, please let us know. We'll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.