macOS / Edge extension stuck on syncing / opening after v8 upgrade

Hi. I've been having multiple issues across devices. I've just re-installed version 8 on my iPhone 12 Pro running latest IOS 15 and on my Mac Mini running latest MacOS (Monterey 12.5). Synchronisation is fixed between the desktop apps but my Edge browser extension refuses to open. I removed it completely, restarted everything and then re-installed from the MacOS desktop app. It installs but when I click the "Open 1Password" button on the extension drop down it opens a tab in the browser (extension://dppgmdbiimibapkepcbdbmkaabgiofem/app/app.html#/page/welcome) and synchronises for a while and then says 1Password is ready to go which puts me into a loop clicking the extension button again.

1Password Version: 8.9.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:microsoft edge stuck on syncing macos

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jpcraig40585, it sounds like the extension is having a hard time communicating with the 1Password app in order to unlock in Edge. Can you try the following to help with it?

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

Let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.