Feature Request - one click to open application

Options
rgiaquinta
rgiaquinta
Community Member

Would be efficient if I could directly open the 1Password application either with a right-click..."open application" from the Chrome-1Password keyhole icon, or at least from the 1Password mini-window (that is, without needing to click the gear icon..."show 1Password."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rgiaquinta

If I understand correctly, you would like to directly open the 1Password application quickly. Is this correct? Can I ask what version of the 1Password app you have currently installed? 1Password has the option of creating your own shortcut to show the app. Have you tried creating a keyboard shortcut to show 1Password? I currently have mine set to Alt + \ to show 1Password. Once I know what version of 1Password you have installed, I would be happy to show you how to set this up. 😀

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rgiaquinta !

If you are using 1Password v8 on Windows you could change what happens when clicking the icon in the system tray.

Just change to open main window and if you click the icon once, 1Password opens. 😉

• rgiaquinta
    rgiaquinta
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Haven't purchased v.8 yet, but your suggestion reminded me that I can just assign a keystroke to bring up the app easily. Done.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Great! 👍

But, please keep in mind, that your are not able to purchase v8. You need a subscription. If you have one, you are able to install v8. 😉

• Thanks for the assist here, @DenalB.

@rgiaquinta, if you do have an account and would like to download 1Password 8, you can find it here on our downloads page.

If you have any other questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you!

This discussion has been closed.