Own Websites Icon not showing in App as Icon

casparWebDev
casparWebDev
Community Member

I have a domain with a website attached. The websites provides icons in many forms (shortcut icon/apple-touch-icon/maskable icons/svg).
But if I try to save an login with the website as URL no icon is downloaded/fetch from the website and displayed.

Is there anything I need to do on the website or send an icon to 1Password to provide the required icons to users of 1Password?

I tested this in 1Password 8.8.0 on a Windows 10 Computer and the 1Password Extension 2.3.7 for Chrome.

Thanks,
Caspar

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Own Website Icon not showing in app

Comments

• Hi @casparWebDev:

Great question. 1Password doesn't use favicons or other icons provided by the site. We instead have our own rich icon database collated by us.

About rich icons and your privacy

If you'd like to add your website's icon to the rich icon database, I can definitely get a request going for you. You can either share the icon you'd like to use (as well as the domain) here, or send it in via email to support+forum@1password.com. If you send it in via email, after emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to make sure your message has gotten to the right place.

Jack

• casparWebDev
    casparWebDev
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Is there any limitation for the rich icon?

Caspar

• Hi @casparWebDev – if you can send in a high-quality PNG of at least 512×512 with the domain it belongs to, we can look at adding it to 1Password's rich icon database. Hope that helps!

– Grey

This discussion has been closed.