Why so many UX issues with a $7B valuation?

Options
kenzo
kenzo
Community Member
edited August 2022 in iOS

Hate to be so negative, but it is totally confounding how many UX issues there are with the iOS app and the chrome extension for a company so reputable and with such a high valuation.

When I want to create an account in 1pass on my phone, I cannot - copy - the - newly - created - password. Why?!
This wouldn't be a problem if the 1pass app would fill out the password confirmation input section of the form. But, alas, it does not.

Not only that, the UI is totally confusing. For creating an account on mobile - what the hell is that blue arrow to the right of the password form? Playing with it I can decipher that it's "Enter" - not obvious.
Then, when you hit the settings gear, the password dash shows up. Now the "enter" behavior of the previous screen is gone. Totally inconsistent.

Obviously, I don't know what else you guys all might be working on, but these seem like pretty fundamental issues to have been solved by now.
Had I other good options to go to, or had I not already invested so much time, I would have jumped to another product. But I don't and I have, so would love to get 1password to the point when I'm not shouting at it at most, 5 times a day, and at the least, every two days.

Would love for my message to get to the UX researchers & designers at the 1password team.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• AnotherComment
    AnotherComment
    Community Member
    Options

The target market for a Password Manager isn't programmers. It's people who forget passwords, and those who want to generate difficult to crack passwords. Why don't they get it? Bring back Version 7.

• Hi folks,

I apologize for not replying to this sooner. I noticed the ask here regarding the message getting to our research and design teams. We have a new channel through which customers can engage directly with these teams. If you're interested in participating in future research initiatives, we now have a guide available in this forum on doing so:

1Password Research Community

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.