1Password Chrome Extension does not Save Generated Passwords anymore...

We noticed that 1Password is not saving passwords generated in the browser extension anymore for several sites. It just generates the password and the password vanishes into the ether after you go autofill it to the page. Previously 1Password 7 and it extension would create saved password-only items with a site where the password was created. I just had to go reset a password TWICE because of this unexpected behavior.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Chrome 104.0.5112.79

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wavesound, are you still using 1Password 7 or are you now using 1Password 8? Which of our extensions do you have installed?

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Hi @Joy_1P

I'm using 1Password 8.8.0.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound Gotcha. In 1Password 7, the classic extension would add newly generated passwords as password items which were then stored in your vault. If you wanted to go back and look at the old passwords you generated, you simply had to filter for these special password items.

The new extension is different and doesn't generate password items. If you create a new password (through the inline menu or the password generator) and want to go back to view it, you would have to open the password generator and review its history. Here is how to do that:

1. Click on the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar.
    2. Click on the hamburger icon next to the search bar.
    3. Click on Password Generator.
    4. Click on Password Generator History.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.