Many duplicates after upgrading to 1password 8

Options
Merckx
Merckx
Community Member

I just upgraded to 1password 8 on my iMac and now have many duplicate log ins. Not all, probably close to 2/3 are duplicated. The duplicates also appear on both of my iPads which are running 1password 7. I saw some previous threads on this and you requested diagnostic info. Any ideas on this?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: mac os 12.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @Merckx,

Sorry to hear you're seeing duplicate items, I appreciate that you checked other threads for a solution! To help us best determine the cause of these duplicates and thus the best way to address them, I'd like to ask you to take the diagnostic route as well. 🙂

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here.

Looking forward to getting this resolved with you!

• ckpoole99
    ckpoole99
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds like this duplicate problem is widespread. Does the migration from 7 to 8 move all vaults to one vault? Currently have 2 vaults on Dropbox and would like to keep them separate. I downgraded to v7 and did not see dups, so I may have accidentally migrated twice. Can I move to v8 and still have two vaults and have another family member access both vaults separately? I think your solution is to have two separate accounts, or perhaps one family account. Again, the objective is to have two separate vaults that can both be accessed (from anywhere) by two family members.

• Hi @ckpoole99:

The migration process will move your Primary vault into your Personal / Private vault, and all other standalone vaults will be migrated into new separate vaults. Migrating into a family account, and then sharing the newly created vault with your family member would be the best way of doing this. Create and share vaults

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.