Organizing Favorites in 1Password 8 for iOS

Geddeis
Geddeis
Community Member

How does one rearrange (i.e., customize) the order that Favorites appear in version 8. (If one cannot, please add this functionality.) Some of my favorites are "more" favorite than others.

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 8 favorites

Comments

• Hello @Geddeis,

Thanks for your message about customizing the order of saved Favourites. We have a feature request currently tracking customers who would like to see this functionality added to 1Password 8 and I've cast a vote on your behalf. 👍

ref: IDEA-I-1542

• Hi @Geddeis, although we don't have the ability to manually order the list of Favorites, the ability to change the sort order of the list of Favorites on your Home screen will be in an upcoming release. I'm not sure which version yet, it will need to go through the beta cycle first. But rest assured, it's coming. Thanks for your patience and your feedback 💜

• JohnEC
    JohnEC
    Community Member

I have not found a way to have them in alphabetical order. Right now it seems like someone dropped them on the floor and just scooped them up and dropped them in. This is terrible!

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Delete

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member

Delete

• jiclark
    jiclark
    Community Member

How on earth could you have released v.8 without including sort options (alphabetical by title at the very least)? This does not bode well for the future of 1Password. To not include such a basic feature is really unforgivable.

I’ve been a 1P user almost since the very beginning, and pains me to no end to see it slipping like this. Sadly, as Apple’s built-in password management system improves, I’m guessing I’ll be driven to switch to that due the downfall of 1P.

I encourage everyone at 1Password to strive to restore the excellence that was once so clearly evident in the 1P experience.

Sincerely,
    John

• jiclark
    jiclark
    Community Member

P.S. I echo JohnEC’s comment. The existing sort order is an inexplicable mess!

What the heck were you thinking??

• Hi @jiclark:

As my colleague Andrew noted, we're actively making some improvements to sort order options for Favorites. While I can't promise a specific timeline, what I can say is stay tuned.

Jack

• JimH
    JimH
    Community Member

I’m almost lost for words at the random order of favourites. What is the logic behind the order of them or is there no logic? If you cannot give the reason for your preferred order then it will illustrate what a disaster 1PW Now is

• jiclark
    jiclark
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

@Jack.P_1P , thanks for the check-in. I have to agree with @JimH though, that it’s mind boggling that the existing sort order somehow passed muster in the ‘release version’ of 1P8! And to have it remain this bad, with only a vague promise of “stay tuned”, is simply unforgivable. Remember, we’re paying for your software on an ongoing basis! It certainly gives me very little hope for the future of the app.

I can only imagine the chaotic battling that must be going on in your offices every day.

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member

How is it possible that a simple thing as alphabetical sorting was erased from 1Password 8? The app is completely useless. Obviously developers haven't considered what users would think of this ridiculous move. For example, I needed to look up a login in order to add TFA. It took me a long time to find this login.
    And should you decide to restore alphabetical ordering, please restore the side bar on the right side of the login list with the alphabetical characters as well.

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

Does a comment here add any weight to feature (reimplementation) requests such as this? If not, I’ll stop pointlessly bumping these threads.

• Hi all,

This work has largely been completed by development and is currently in beta. Keep an eye out for it — it should be coming to your devices soon. 🤞

@hegguardo

Yes! Requests from customers is a big factor. Hearing what customers want and why they want it helps determine our path forward.

Ben

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member

Great news, thanks @Ben!

• 🥳

Ben

This discussion has been closed.