Password differences between 1P7 and 1P8

Options
Lacrocious
Lacrocious
Community Member

So I have 1P7 on Mac and iPad. I have 1P8 only on iPad (in parallel with 1P7).

Created a new login for a website on Mac - 1P7 - using the generated password. This saved a new "Login", but the name was short, so I went into 1P7 on the Mac and edited the name to be more descriptive. While editing the "Login", I also changed the vault using the drop-down at the top from my default vault (for example: shared vault "A") to another vault (for example: shared vault "B").

I went into my iPad in 1P8 to see how it looked and noticed that there were 3 entries for the item:
1) Login...

Crap - now 10 minutes have gone by as I was reviewing what was showing in the Mac vs. iPad 1P8 vs. iPad 1P7 and now the iPad 1P8 is DIFFERENT! They all seem to match now. I was seeing a second "Password" that had a different password (auto-generated style) than what showed up in the Mac or iPad 1P7. Now it seems that "Password" is gone, but I never deleted it.

I also continue to see both Logins and Passwords created when creating new accounts. I never understood why a Password is created when you create a Login. Now that password exists in both items, which will be confusing if/when I change a password. I have to change the password in the Login, but do I have to change the password in the Password item? If not, then they will contain different passwords and in the future, which do I use?

So - Why does 1P8 have different Passwords than 1P7 for a period of time? Why is a Password created when I create a Login? How do I maintain my vaults so they don't have redundant Passwords and Logins w/o having to manually look at both to ensure I am deleting a "Old Duplicate" vs. a "New Duplicate" where say the Password was updated, not the Login? This seems messy to maintain.

Thank you,
- L

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.