What advantages does 1Password 8 offer over 7? What happened to Favorites?

rbiowa
rbiowa
Community Member

What advantages does 1Password 8 offer over 7? What happened to Favorites? Will 7 continue to work if I choose not to upgrade? Struggling to like this new iteration…

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What advantages does 1Password 8 offer over 7? What happened to Favorites?

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Not really answering our question, however, comment: I would have updated to iPW8 but for the lack of ability to print. 1PW7 enables me to print my passwords and that's what I need.

• @rbiowa

1Password 7 can be considered feature complete. it will only receive important updates moving forward. Can you let me know more about your question on favorites? The information you included iOS is that the platform you are asking about in regard to favorites?

• mikeab
    mikeab
    Community Member

I'm stuck on 1pw7 as well. I have a local vault that I don't own so importing all those passwords into my personal vault is the stupidest thing I could do.
    It would be nice if the 1pw client would quit prompting me to update to 1pw8 when it just won't work for me.

• @mikeab

It would be worth discussing the plan for moving forward with the owner of that vault, then. While it is currently possible to continue to use 1Password 7 that version will no longer be updated and so it is likely it'll stop working at some point in the future. I would encourage the owner to reach out to our migrations team at support+tradein@1password.com via email so we can talk through the options.

Ben

• mikeab
    mikeab
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

@Ben have been having those conversations already and it's going the other way. Much more likely both of us will move to a vendor that supports our need rather than abandoning us.
    So yes, we will stay with V7 until we can move off to someone else.
    I read the blog post about the reasoning behind this move, but its basically your way or the highway, so we're taking the highway.

• I'm sorry to hear that @mikeab. If at any point minds change and you'd like to discuss further about how to move forward with 1Password please reach out — we'd be happy to chat.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.