1password not working on CIBC mobile app

Options
cheryln
cheryln
Community Member

I just got a new phone, and installed the 1password app. When I open the CIBC mobile app, the 1Password icon isn't appearing in the user name (Access Card Number) field or the Password field and it's not suggesting values to enter. This was working on my old phone. And it works on my new phone on other apps.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cibc

Comments

• Hello @cheryln thanks for joining us on the forum!

I've downloaded the CIBC app and I can fill the password from the password field but not the Card Number field. I suspect this may be due, in part, to the switch to a numerical keyboard in the Card Number field.

Just to clarify, when you tap the password field in the CIBC app you are not prompted to fill your item? Do you see a prompt to open or search 1Password? If you have your old phone available I'd also like to ask you to check if you have different versions of CIBC installed (system settings > Apps > CIBC > version). Thanks again!

• Bufto
    Bufto
    Community Member
    Options

New version of 1Password app on Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+ in my case) and CIBC online/mobile banking:
    the 1Password app looks for and displays credit card Numbers as only choices; it does not recognize debit card Numbers needed to access CIBC bank accounts, so that you can login to credit card accounts, but not bank accounts. Please advise.

• Hello @Bufto, thanks for writing in.

Would this be with the CIBC website specifically? If so, I believe I've been able to reproduce what you've described. It looks like the context 1Password is getting from the "Card number" field on the CIBC website is payment card rather than debit-card-number-as-username. I've gone ahead and shared this with the team.

In the mean time, I'd like to suggest a work around. You can create a Credit Card item in 1Password with your debit card number in the number field. Now on the CIBC website when you tap the Card number field, your debit card number should be suggested. After filling your card number you can tap the password field and fill the password from your regular CIBC Login item.

This discussion has been closed.