1 Password 8 Announcement Nags in v7 Apps

Options
Scott2
Scott2
Community Member

I'm a v7 holdout (I've previously provided feedback as to why I'm not moving to v8 at this time, which I won't repeat here). Lately I've been seeing nag announcements in my v7 apps - some dismissible but appear to be recurring, some not dismissible at all. I appreciate that you've taken steps to soft migrate to v8 and allow people easy means of regressing to v7 should they need / want to, and I don't begrudge you the need to announce your updated product in your apps . . . but repeated and undismissible reminders are an unnecessary irritation.

The dismissible reminder comes in the Categories tab (I believe, I don't have an active one at the moment) and the undismissible one is in Settings.

Is there a way these can be disabled or permanently dismissed?

1Password Version: 7.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Scott2
    Scott2
    Community Member
    Options

Bueller?

• Scott2
    Scott2
    Community Member
    Options

Bueller?

• Hello @Scott2! 👋

I'm sorry for missing your post and thank you for bumping it. I double-checked with our development team and they confirm that this is intended behaviour. You can dismiss the message on the Categories screen (as you mentioned) but the notification on the Settings screen can't be dismissed. With the launch of 1Password 8 for iOS, 1Password 7 for iOS is no longer being updated or supported (aside from important security updates) and we want to make sure that everyone is aware that 1Password 8 is now available.

That being said, you're welcome to continue using 1Password 7 for now and I can certainly understand how seeing the banner again and again can be less than desirable. While I can't make any promises, I've filed an issue on your behalf so that the product team can take a second look at this.

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-2378

This discussion has been closed.