After downloading 1P8, 7.9.8 version remains active. Can I delete it without risks for 1P8?

Marc_Ulmann
Marc_Ulmann
Community Member

I use 1Password 7.9.8 on my iPhone and iPad. I downloaded the new version 1Password 8.
Now the 2 versions remain active (2 separate icons, updates on both version).
My question: Can I delete the old version 7.9.8 or do I risk deleting everything (1Password 7.9.8 and 8) by doing so? Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Moving to 1Password 8

Comments

• Hi @Marc_Ulmann:

Great question. Once you've made sure that everything looks good in 1Password 8 and all of your items are as you expect, you're definitely able to go ahead and remove 1Password 7 from your iPhone and iPad if you'd like.

Jack

• busdriverBob
    busdriverBob
    Community Member

Lol 8 is a mess. Don’t delete 7 just stay with 7

• Marc_Ulmann
    Marc_Ulmann
    Community Member

Thanks for your answers! Not really easy to decide :-DD
    So I keep both for the meantime...

• Nonno_52
    Nonno_52
    Community Member

Marc_Ulman - a great and relevant question . A update that do not replace the old version is confusing. I do not understand busdriverBob since there no substantial to back up the opinion. (v 7 & 8 working OK for me / singel user)

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member

Keep them both. I do, and have no problems or issues.

Once v8 has an Apple Watch app, I'll probably delete v7.

• Marc_Ulmann
    Marc_Ulmann
    Community Member

Thanks for your advice and comment

• bernieo
    bernieo
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Also, as mentioned in a few other threads, make sure you have 1Password v8 selected for Autofill. The v8 icon is darker than v7.

Here is where to change the setting on your iPhone: \ Settings \ Passwords \ Autofill Passwords \

• How's it going? 🖐 For those looking for the Apple Watch app Have you seen our new blog posting? As of today, 1Password 8 for Apple Watch is available:

Community - Announcing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch ⌚️

Blog - Introducing 1Password 8 for Apple Watch

More exciting things to come.

This discussion has been closed.