Unable to copy item label when editing

Options
natebeaty
natebeaty
Community Member

I'm trying to copy the label of a field, and when I cmd-c it copies the password instead of the selected label. Right-clicking on the label has cut and copy grayed out.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• natebeaty
    natebeaty
    Community Member
    Options

Sidenote: pretty frustrating you can't change a field type (say you want to change a normal text field to a password field, something I've done pretty often in years past) on the new Mac app without having to create a new field, and then copy/paste from the old field.

As I went to test this secondary issue, I realized it's just password fields that don't allow you to copy the label, normal text fields do allow you to do this:

(What prompted this post: I tend to use the username as the label, and username@smtp.host.etc for email logins on servers, and was trying to copy the email username + host to paste into a support email to a webhost, and was frustrated that I ended up having to just retype it in the email.)

• Hi @natebeaty:

Thanks for bringing this up. This is something we're aware of, and hopefully we'll have sorted out soon. I've added you as affected to our internal issue tracking this.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#16160

This discussion has been closed.