Watchtower inaccurate in 1Password 8 on iOS

Options
dszp
dszp
Community Member

On desktop, I changed a ton of passwords just a day or two ago. On iOS, Watchtower still stays those passwords are vulnerable. Counts and displays are wildly inaccurate across the board in iOS (and iPadOS) Watchguard as well. Is this a known issue? I don't see any reports here on the forums.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

To update this, the iPadOS 8 beta version, and the released version both, under Vulnerable Passwords, ALL the passwords shown (28 of them) are all ones I changed in the last week using 1Password-generated Fantastic passwords (it even says that in the entries) but they're all listed on the Watchtower Vulnerable Passwords list and are included in the total. Which is completely a bug; it doesn't show on my computer (where I changed them) and they're obviously not vulnerable given that they're all long and random and 1Password generated in the last few days.

• @dszp

I'd like to get you over to email. One of my colleagues had a similar report this morning and we'd like to investigate further and see if they are related. Please reach out to us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. dszp
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/132632/watchtower-inaccurate-in-1password-8-on-ios#latest

Thank you,

• jiclark
    jiclark
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy, will you please follow up with us here in the forum about this issue when your team knows more? It would really be a shame if we never had the benefit of knowing if/how the issue was resolved!

Thanks,
    John

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks for the update, I just sent an email in with some screenshots and notes. I didn't have the exact replicated details from my first post but I did have examples from similar issues between my iPad and iPhone, which currently have beta and released versions, but I'm happy to test different configs when support gets back to me!

• Dr. Loomis
    Dr. Loomis
    Community Member
    Options

This is also happening to me on my iPad, but not my iPhone. Should I also report it as described above?

• Dr. Loomis
    Dr. Loomis
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, not sure what happened, but this has cleared up. For a few days, the main Watchtower page would say "Unsecured Websites: 71" but if you tapped it, there would only be like 8 things listed. That was happening on my iPad, whereas on my iPhone the numbers were accurate both places.

But now it's sorted itself out on my iPad.

This discussion has been closed.