Is There the Ability to "Auto Login" to Saved Sites?

Options
kstenson
kstenson
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

I don't believe there is so I'm making this a feature request. Is there a better place to submit that request?

I would like the ability to have 1Password auto log me in for sites I choose. LastPass had this in their settings and it was very helpful. Ideally, it would just be a checkbox on each 1Password item's card info.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Ability to "Auto Login" to Saved Sites

Comments

• Hi @kstenson:

Thanks for your feedback on this! By this, do you mean you'd like the ability for 1Password, when you browse to example.com to automatically fill your login?

Jeffrey Goldberg, our principal security architect spoke about this on our blog here: 1Password keeps you safe by keeping you in the loop

In short, we want to keep you safe by keeping you in the loop. While 1Password may fill and press enter for you, it doesn't perform that action until you explicitly take that action.

Jack

• kstenson
    kstenson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Jack.P_1P . Correct, taking it one step further... once 1Password auto-populates the login fields, select sites that I've manually selected / enabled to allow auto-login would then login without the need for clicking—removing a step for the user.

• Hi @kstenson:

While it's possible to auto-submit if you use Universal Autofill, as that blog post mentions, 1Password will not fill your data until you take an explicit action triggering a fill.

In other words, if you're browsing the web normally, and linked to example.com (a site that you have a Login item for, and you aren't currently logged in), 1Password won't fill your Login item unless you explicitly take an action, like using the inline menu to fill, or the 1Password pop-up in your browser, or the autofill shortcut configured in 1Password for desktop.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.