I don't like the new version 8 that forces you to put in a password to use 1 password in browsers

Options

I don't like the new version 8 that forces you to put in a password to use 1 password in browsers. Every time I want to use 1password in any browser I have to input my master password and it takes forever to load. I used to not have to put a password at all and want that feature back.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ all browsers
Referrer: forum-search:1password8 browser login issue

Comments

• Hi @garnergregory:

It sounds like 1Password in your browser may not be communicating with the 1Password desktop app as expected. Just as a quick first step, if you fully quit both the 1Password app, as well as all of your browsers and relaunch them, does that improve your state of play? Let me know.

Jack

• garnergregory
    garnergregory
    Community Member
    Options

I updated to 12.5.1 MacOS and this appears to have fixed the issue.

• Thanks for updating us garnergregory It's most appreciated.

• anigupta
    anigupta
    Community Member
    Options

I was having the same issue across browsers. Using the latest versions of everything. I had to quit 1Password completely. Incl the menubar helper app. Which I noticed doesn't quit even if you quit 1password for some reason. Relaunched the 1Password app and then browsers. So far the extensions are playing nice and not asking me for the very annoying unlock password every time I wanted to use it in the browser. Will post if this changes.

This discussion has been closed.