Navigation and editing

Options
Macorin
Macorin
Community Member

The new design in version 8 is really sharp looking, however there seems to be a few missing features. Call them comfort features if you will, but still very important IMO. 1) the main view doesn’t offer an alphabet scroll reference—one you can tap on to navigate to certain items more quickly. 2) we can no longer organize/rearrange fields in entries by dragging and dropping. I loved the ability to rearrange the order of my fields.

Comments

• Hi @Macorin, Thanks for the kind words and for the feedback. We feel the same way about both of the things you're missing and both of them are on the list. 👍

Keep the great feedback coming 💜

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

Great to hear. My big one first is the ability to rearrange the ordering of fields. I literally have to recreate full entries just to get the order the way I want right now. I’m surprised this is missing from v8, since it was there in v7.

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

A bit more feedback. It seems the text field is really large and takes up a lot of space when seen in edit mode. I’m all for the multi line support, but can’t it render based on how many lines the user needs for the field? If only a single line of type is written, then show as a si game line, and expand it out as used.

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

And a few more… Lol. So, I’d like to expand and collapse all sections with a button tap. This could actually replace an alphabet scroll, or be an addition to having that. If you could collapse the section view, you could then more easily scroll to the letter or area you want and manually open that one section. So a full expand and collapse of all sections, plus the ability to expand and collapse individual sections. Second, (and this is something in the design process I’ve never understood) is the inconsistency in the way the app presents capitalization in field titles. I’ve asked about this before, but I’ll explain: all built in field titles are labeled with lowercase letters. These are the built in titles such as username and password in the logins type, bank name, name in account… in the Bank Accounts type. They are all lower case by default. Next, if we create a custom field, such as a phone number, 1Password creates it with a lower case “p” in phone. This is fine. I have no issue with the lower case, and actually like it. What I do t understand is why the developers haven’t turned off the capitalization prompt when we create a custom field, but choose to rename it to something custom. Meaning, if I choose the text field, but don’t keep the word “text” and I backspace to get rid of it, capitalization turns on in the field title. We have to manually shut it off to keep the look and feel of things inside our entries consistent. Perhaps some people want to have capitalization of custom title fields. That’s fine, and they should be able to turn it on, just like I turn it off. However, the common way to create field titles is to use lower case, so I don’t see why the team doesn’t turn validation off in that area by default. It just makes sense.

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

One more bit of feedback: I find it odd that when creating a subsequent section within an entry, the section is shown at the top in edit mode, but then drops to the bottom outside of exit more.

• Macorin
    Macorin
    Community Member
    Options

I’m noticing a bug: if something is spelled wrong, it’s impossible to correct by tapping on and allowing auto correct to work. It doesn’t hold. You have to do it at least twice to get that iOS feature to work.

This discussion has been closed.