1Password 8 And Android 13 bug.

Options
RealAct
RealAct
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Android

Hello there,

Yesterday, I was prompted to download the new version of 1Password 8 for Android. So far so good, however there's one small bug which is really annoying.

I really don't believe this is by design because it's disruptive whenever I try to open my apps drawer to make a search or to open an app from the recent apps list.

The 1Password prompt comes up and there's no way to disable it. Please see attached screenshot. Is there any way to disable this?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @RealAct, thanks for your question. The prompt you're seeing in the app drawer is Accessibility filling from 1Password 7 for Android. You can turn Accessibility filling off from Settings > Autofill in 1Password 7 or, as you've confirmed you can sign into 1Password 8, you can uninstall 1Password 7.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• RealAct
    RealAct
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy thanks,

I have uninstalled 1Password 7 and now I no longer have that issue, however, this is strange because I never had that problem before installing 1Password 8 on Android 13.

• Thanks for the update @RealAct. I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue. I suspect it only became apparent after switching the Autofill service to 1Password 8 letting Accessibility filling from 1Password 7 work independently.

This discussion has been closed.