Face ID in Safari Requires Interaction

Options
nickp1
nickp1
Community Member

Noticing that Face ID in Safari requires that I press the Face ID button every time I want to pull a field from 1Password 8 and have it be auto filled. This didn’t happen in 1PW 7. Are others seeing similar behavior?

Comments

• shadowplayer
    shadowplayer
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I get that issue too

• jason_k
    jason_k
    Community Member
    Options

I've noticed this as well, but it seems intermittent for me. Sometimes, it'll work automatically as before. Other times, I get the FaceID-style haptic feedback (subtle vibrations) when 1Password pops up, but it doesn't appear to actually attempt to unlock and just sits there. I have to manually tap the FaceID icon to get things going.

It's ultimately just an annoyance, but it is pretty annoying. I have to imagine that this is a very common use case for 1Password on iOS.

• jason_k
    jason_k
    Community Member
    Options

Oh. I just noticed that there's another thread about this, and that 1Password has replied there:

https://1password.community/discussion/132671/v8-face-id-fails-often-when-it-shouldnt

• Hi @jason_k / @shadowplayer / @nickp1:

The issue you're seeing here is a separate one from the one you've linked, however we're tracking this as well. To confirm that you're experiencing the issue we're tracking, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#16892

• nickp1
    nickp1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Jack.P_1P Sent the report in. The response didn’t contain a Support ID number though.

• @nickp1

It should be in the subject line. No worry. Here is the id number ZRA-34574-495. Someone will be with you as soon as possible. Enjoy the weekend.

ref: ZRA-34574-495

This discussion has been closed.