1password 8 on samsung s21 not working on some apps

millertk
millertk
Community Member

Some apps that I'm using one password on on my S21 are not showing the keyboard shortcut or a suggestion of a username and password. Anyone have any experience getting this to work with this configuration. I miss the old one password keyboard that worked with version 7. Can we go back to version 7 I can't find it to download.

Comments

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member

On mine it works sometimes and not others, so I don't really know what to change to make sure it works, unfortunately. I got it working fine in version 7 after getting help here, but since version 8 it has been hit or miss. Things are getting so bad with what used to be the best password manager that I am seriously thinking of going elsewhere.

• saldistefano
    saldistefano
    Community Member

Any recommended alternatives? I've had a family subscription for years, but this is not fun.

• Hello @millertk, @alexmidd, @saldistefano, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you.

1Password 8 for Android has implemented new filling logic used on other 1Password platforms. This means that 1Password for Android can now fill more items types, and it prepares us to continue improving and adapting our Autofill service. With this change, there are many apps and websites where filling is newly possible. However, there may be some apps and websites where the opposite is true as well.

You can share any apps or websites where 1Password 8 for Android is not filling as expected. I would be happy to test them to get a better indication if it's a universal problem and report any issues to the development team. For websites, please include the browser you use as well.

This discussion has been closed.