1Password 8 in an iPhone

Options
ronen
ronen
Community Member

I have a 1P ver 7 in an iPhone.
Downloaded and installed ver 8.
Registered via my 1P account.
Do I need to delete the previous 1P ver 7 ?
ps : More option in iPhone preferences in the "old" 1P version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @ronen! 👋

Thank you for updating to 1Password 8! If you can see all of your items in 1Password 8 then you can indeed remove the old 1Password 7 app from your iPhone.

ps : More option in iPhone preferences in the "old" 1P version.

Can you tell me a little more about this? Is there a specific option that you were using in 1Password 7 that you don't see in 1Password 8?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.
    I've been told that ver 8 isn't compatible with Apple Watch.

• @ronen

1Password 8 does not currently have an Apple Watch app included. Can you let me know a little more about how you were using the Apple Watch app in the past? I would be happy to forward your use case to our product team so that they're aware.

In the meantime, if you need the Apple Watch app, you can leave 1Password 7 installed on your phone to retain the Watch app on your wrist. I've been running with both installed for over a year now and they do not conflict. 🙂

-Dave

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.
    Didn’t use Apple Watch with 1Password at all.

• @ronen

Then it sounds like you're all set to use 1Password 8 for iOS. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help and support.

• @ronen

It's my pleasure. 😊

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

@Dave_1P , I’ll include a couple of ways I personally use the Apple Watch app:

1) If I’m on a phone call or in another app, and I need to access a number (e.g., a debit/credit card #, or something else, etc.), I’d use the Apple Watch app to pull it up, as it was just easier that way than to have to exit in and out of apps;

and 2) I might use the app to store/access a PIN code, such as if I’m at someone’s house and need access to the garage, and in the event I’m locked out, I might have my watch but not my phone. I also just really anticipated that 1Password would support/compliment the Apple devices, software, and eco system, in general, and that’d include the Apple Watch.

3) I thought of something else: The Apple Watch app comes in handy for school, too, as my school (and probably every other one) requires two-step login, as well as passwords and such, and sometimes it’s better to access such things via the Apple Watch.

Need any more info? Let me know. Thanks!

• @nimvio

Thank you so much for providing your use case for an Apple Watch app! I've passed your feedback along to our product team. I can confirm that we’re actively working on an Apple Watch app and we’re very excited about it. We weren’t able to get it in the initial launch but it is coming soon. 🤗

Until then you can run 1Password 7 alongside v8 to use the Watch app in that version.

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1540

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• 👍 You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.