1Password 8 sync attached files

toster
toster
Community Member

1Password 8 has support for "offline" access, or basically, each instance of the application has a local copy of the database, so it is possible to access items when a device is not connected to the Internet. This works fine, but I've found that files attached to an item are not synchronised. When Internet access is not available, it is not possible to get the content of the files. Is there a way to synchronise not only 1Password items but also files attached to the items?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:file sync

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022

@toster

I'm sorry there is not. We do have a feature request for this ability to return. I'll pass along your interest in this to the team. Having traveled for a living in another life, I know how important this can be.

ref: IDEA-I-251

• bluejayman
    bluejayman
    Community Member

I can't stress how deficient this is.
    Having access to my secure attachments while offline is REQUIRED.
    I often travel, and find myself at a checkin counter, ticket office, or anywhere else that suddenly requires a secure attachment I've saved.
    (Anyone traveling internationally knows how spotty their access to internet can be - especially when presented with the type of situation they need those documents the most).

It's fine if some customers don't want to use the resources (storage space, data usage) but it's easily solved with a toggle switch, which MUST be an option for those who rely on having their content available (who ASSUME it's available because they were told 1pass works offline). It's the whole reason why we even bothered to put attachments into 1pass - as clumsy as the function is - because we've decided it's needed for lookup in the future - so I don't have to carry the physical item when I leave the house. And then - shock - I can't see the item when I leave the house?? How basic is this oversight?? (am I wrong to think this way?)

Plus, what's the point of an offline mode (or attachments) if we can't access the attachments, which are just as crucial as the data we've typed into the fields? Why was there ever a differentiation between data-fields & attachments, when they're both equally important to my use of the app?

The way it currently functions, I'd rather not have the option of attaching any documents, at least it would be more honest towards the fact that I won't have access to my attachments while I'm away from the originals.

I'm not criticizing you, support staff, but hopefully providing some perspective on (this) customers point of view.

• @bluejayman

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I would find this feature incredibly useful myself as well. I've forwarded your comments to the product team so that they're aware of how important this feature is to you and we'll keep pushing for this on your behalf. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.