HELP! 1pass 8 keeps reverting to 1pass 7 even few mins

Options
1passCommunityu
1passCommunityu
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Mac

Hi,
I've installed 1pass 8 (Mac 8.8.0, on PRODUCTION channel) but even couple mins the app "disapears" from the Dock and I can hear the trash sound. When I check the Applications folder I have 2 or 3 1pass 7 .zip folders and when I open the app it reverts back to 1pass 7. I have no idea why, I deleting all 1P 7 old folders after the install but no change. And I basically have to run the Installer every time this happens. My iPhone is on 1pass 8 and works fine but because the Mac issues I'm having lots of syncing issues. How do I fix it?? 🤷

_1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 80800203, on PRODUCTION channel
_Extension Version: 1Password for Safari Version 2.3.7 (20216)
_OS Version: macOS Monterey, Version 12.5.1
Browser: Safari Version 15.6.1 (17613.3.9.1.16)

Comments

• Hello @1passCommunityu! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password 8 is being repeatedly replaced with 1Password 7 on your Mac. I've run into a few users who have reported a similar issue in the past and the cause turned out to be software that their employer had installed on their Mac to force 1Password 7 to reinstall and stay installed. Are you using a personal Mac or a work Mac? If you're using a work Mac then can you check to see if your IT department might have set a policy that forces 1Password 7 to install itself on your Mac?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.