Just installed Firefox 91.12.0esr and need to install 1Password 7.9.5 extension

romad
romad
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

however when I click on "Install Browser Extensions..." 1Password just tries to install the extension in Safari where it is ALREADY installed. How do I install the extension from 1Password 7 into Firefox 91.12.0esr?

Update: OK, when I quit Safari and had Firefox as the SOLE web browser running, it apparently installed the extension:

however, when I click on the "Open 1Password" button, nothing happens. Even having 1Password 7.9.5 open and unlocked, nothing happens when I click on the button. So obviously the extension is NOT installed. What gives?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: 7.9.5
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Browser:_ Firefox 91.12.0esr
Referrer: forum-search:Just installed Firefox 91.12.0esr and need to install 1Password 7.9.5 extension

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @romad! Do you use 1Password 7 with a license or do you have an account? I just want to double check, as your screenshot shows you've installed the new extension which only works with accounts.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

I use the standalone version of 1Password 7.9.5 in MacOS 10.13.6. Oh the extension installed was the one from Mozilla with a 2.3.7 version # so I just deleted it. Where can I get the 7.9.5 version?

BTW, on maybe a related item, when I click on the 1Password icon in Vivaldi, I get a message it can't find the 1Password.app on my iMac EVEN with it open.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@romad Let's make sure you get the classic extension installed in your browsers, since you're using the standalone version of 1Password: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

If you continue to run into issues in Firefox or Vivaldi, please let me know!

This discussion has been closed.