1Password 8 is entering the wrong username/password

Options
jacobsimon
jacobsimon
Community Member

Hey there,

I upgraded to v8 a couple months ago and it was working fine for a while, but all of a sudden I've been having a bunch of issues. The biggest problem is that it seems to keep entering the email/password for one particular website on every website, like it's 'stuck' on that one website. The first time I press Cmd-\ it will enter this info, then the site will reject it, and then when I press Cmd-\ again, it brings up the quick access view and allows me to select the correct login info.

I also installed the new Chrome extension which was an improvement, but it feels like the chrome extension and the desktop app aren't really connected as well as the old versions. Even when the desktop app is open and unlocked, I still have to enter my password manually on the chrome extension. When I choose "new item" on the chrome version, it takes me to the web version instead of opening the desktop app.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.0
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi @jacobsimon, thank you for reporting this issue - and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this must be causing!

You mentioned:

Even when the desktop app is open and unlocked, I still have to enter my password manually on the chrome extension.

Your intuition is right: there's a connection problem of some kind here. When the apps are working properly, you should be able to sign into either the desktop app or the browser extension and the other will unlock simultaneously. You shouldn't have to enter your password twice, so that indicates that something is amiss.

As a preliminary first step, I'd suggest opening Chrome, control-click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, and choose Settings. Under General, check whether the "Integrate with 1Password" option is active. It should be - but do activate it if it's not set to on yet.

We'll be happy to follow up on this issue in detail and, deal with that curious "stuck" auto-fill behavior, too. Please send us a short email to support@1Password.com, with a link to this discussion, and our team will take the next step to ensure things are set right for you.

Thank you again for letting us know of the problem - we'll look forward to getting this resolved for you!

• KrisGeus
    KrisGeus
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue as the OP with regard to the wrong password being filled at the first time. This was not addressed in the comment unfortunately so I hope it is still investigated.

To add some information to that issue I noticed it behaved wrong when I added chrome to be allowed to access my login items. I removed that in settings and now 1password is always asking me "1Password can't verify that Google Chrome should have access to your "website.com" item. Do you want to fill it anyway. Choosing 'Fill Once' here works correctly. Choosing 'Fill & update loggin add chrome to the item and makes 1Password misbehave again

• Hi @KrisGeus:

We've sorted out this issue in our beta and nightly builds of 1Password 8 for Mac. If you'd like to give it a try, you can switch to the beta release by following these steps.

Use 1Password beta releases

While I can't share specifics of when it will be making to the production release, I'm hopeful it will be soon.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.