Lost 2Factor code with new phone.

Options
gorretta
gorretta
Community Member

Hi there, I have a business plan and thus 2 vaults- business and personal/family. I recently moved over to a new phone (iOS), and in the process migrated my Authenticator entries. But after upgrading to 1Password 8, and being prompted to re-login, it appears only one of my 1password accounts made it in Authenticator. This I see my "my.1password.com" entry and that 2FA worked, but my other business one doesn't appear and so I can't sign in.

Is there another way to verify my account so I can get a new QR code for my Authenticator app, etc? As of now I can only access my personal vault and not my professional vault. Thanks!

Steve

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2 factor not working

Comments

• Hi @gorretta:

Do you have other people in your 1Password account from work? If so, they can recover your account, which will remove two-factor authentication as well: Recover accounts for family or team members

If not, let me know.

Jack

• gorretta
    gorretta
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I actually don't have anyone else on the corporate account, it's just me.

• gorretta
    gorretta
    Community Member
    Options

FYi I have the same phone number, just a different phone. Can I get a code sent by SMS to verify my account?

• Hi @gorretta:

In that case, please reach out to us directly at support@1password.com and include a link to this thread, as well as your username: gorretta mentioning that you're having trouble with two-factor authentication for your 1Password account. We'll be able to take a closer look and respond via email. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to make sure your message got to the right place.

Jack

• gorretta
    gorretta
    Community Member
    Options

HFV-57388-575. Thanks!

• Thanks @gorretta! My colleagues will be with you soon. Please keep an eye out for their email!

Jack

ref: HFV-57388-575

• gorretta
    gorretta
    Community Member
    Options

Will do. Also I realized I still can access that account/vault from my phone (since I haven't upgraded to 1P v8 yet and it hasn't forced a relogin). I wonder if I can add a team member and follow your process above to reset my 2FA settings?

This discussion has been closed.