1st login w/ 1password 8 failed after upgrade.

Options
jfkappes
jfkappes
Community Member

I upgraded to 1P8 app and the first login failed with my usual credentials. the 2FA pop-up doesn't show-up and a message suggests to check the informations. I tried every option w/out success.
PS: 1P7 works fine.
OS is Android 9

1Password Version: 8.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded to 1P8 on android 9 but failed to login. The 2FA input does showup. Tried every option...

Comments

• Hello @jfkappes, thanks for joining us on the forum. I'm very sorry to hear about this issue signing in to 1Password 8 for Android!

I suspect this crash is related to a bug we've identified with version 80902003 specifically on Android 9 devices. The development team has marked this as a high priority issue and is already testing a fix internally. This should be available in upcoming beta and production releases. If you have a different version of 1Passoword 8 for Android installed, let us know which. Thanks again!

• jfkappes
    jfkappes
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_timothy thanks for the information. I look forward to testing the beta. Will let you know if the pb is fixed.

• ag_timothy
    edited August 2022
    Options

Happy to help @jfkappes. The fix was released yesterday afternoon with the update to 8.9.3. This should be available in the production and beta channels. If an update is not currently available through Google Play, check back soon as it rolls out to users. Let us know if that resolves the issue for you!

• jfkappes
    jfkappes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_timothy for following up. I'll be checking the update availability (as registrered for beta on GGL Play) and keep you posted.

• Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.